(East Los Angeles, CA) [From The Editor’s Desk]: This is the final home-stand for the month and the Dodgers are hosting the Houston Astros in this always interesting inter–league and emotional match-up. The Big Blue bring a two-game winning streak over the L.A. Angels into tonight’s game and of course, are looking to expand it as much as possible.
Here are the near identical records of both teams. The Dodgers are (41-33) and good for 3rd place in the National League West, while the Astros bring a (41-34) record and a 2nd place standing in the American League West. The Dodgers then leave for a 3-game set against the Colorado Rockies starting on Tuesday, 6/27 with the first pitch set for 5:40 pm, Pacific Time. They then go to play the Kansas City Royals for three. They’ll return home on July 3rd to start a 4 game series with the Pittsburgh Pirates.
Here is the breakdown of the 3-game series with all of the details for each game. It’s Summertime 2023 and Dodger baseball is here for all of its fans to appreciate and support. Make your plans and get on out to Dodger Stadium to catch all of the anticipated action between these two dynamic forces.
DODGERS HOST HOUSTON ASTROS FOR THREE-GAME SERIES THIS WEEKEND
LOS ANGELES – The Dodgers celebrated ten years reimagined at the Los Angeles Dodgers Foundation Gala on 6/22 before welcoming the Houston Astros to Dodger Stadium tonight. The three-game series includes two nationally televised broadcasts on FOX and ESPN as the Dodgers conclude their home game schedule for June. Tickets remain available for all three games and can be purchased at Dodgers.com/tickets.
Los Angeles will kick off the weekend by honoring its “Legendary Infield” prior to the 7:10 p.m. game with a special appearance by former greats first baseman Steve Garvey, shortstop Bill Russell, and third baseman Ron Cey. A special tribute video will recognize the 50th anniversary of the first game the group started together on June 23, 1973 as they embarked on a Major League record-setting 8 1/2 seasons played together. Fans who purchased a special ticket pack will receive a navy blue “Tap the Cap” hat, presented by Lilly, to increase awareness of insulin affordability solutions for people living with diabetes. When fans share a photo wearing the hat on social with the hashtag #TaptheCap, Lilly will make a contribution to American Diabetes Association summer camps. After the game, fans will enjoy Friday Night Fireworks, presented by Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny. Ahead of the 4:10 p.m. start on Sunday, the Viva Los Dodgers festival, presented by Spectrum and Budweiser, returns to Centerfield Plaza. Guests will enjoy a host of family-friendly activities including a performance by La Mera Candelaria, an on-stage interview with a Dodger personality, and various activations for all to enjoy.
All season long, LADF conducts it’s 50/50 raffle at every home game with increased buying opportunities, new kiosks, and added sellers. LADF’s Homebase in Centerfield Plaza has “Buy It Now” autographed memorabilia and LADF branded merchandise including jackets, sweaters, and bobbleheads. Fans can also purchase a personalized ribbon board message at Dodgers.com/ribbonboards.
Fans are encouraged to arrive early to enjoy a host of activities and pregame ceremonies throughout the homestand. A schedule and full list of promotions can be found below:
[Friday, June 23, 7:10 p.m. vs. Houston Astros]
- Special Ticket Pack: “Tap the Cap” baseball hat supporting insulin affordability presented by Lilly
- Anthem: Jaalene Serenity
- Ceremonial First Pitch: Steve Garvey, Bill Russell, Ron Cey
- Pregame ceremonies will honor the Dodgers’ “Legendary Infield” composed of Steve Garvey, Davey Lopes, Bill Russell, and Ron Cey with a tribute video.
- Centerfield Plaza will host DJ Ray and a Jonas Brother activation tent.
- Military Hero of the Game, presented by IBEW & Pipe Trades: Lisseth Rivas
- Postgame: Friday Night Fireworks presented by Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny
[Saturday, June 24, 4:15 p.m. vs. Houston Astros]
- Anthem: Malynda Hale
- Pregame ceremonies will include a Budweiser Folds of Honor recognition.
- Centerfield Plaza will host Jenna Bryanne and the South Band for a pre-game performance and 30-minute post-game performance.
- Military Hero of the Game, presented by IBEW & Pipe Trades: Seneca Ambosino
]Sunday, June 25, 4:10 p.m. vs. Houston Astros
- Anthem: Drew Seely
- Ceremonial First Pitch: Michael Johnso
- It’s Time For Dodger Baseball: Michael Johnson
- Centerfield Plaza will host Viva Los Dodgers, presented by Spectrum and Budweiser.
- Military Hero of the Game, presented by IBEW & Pipe Trades: Jaime D Jimenez