(East Los Angeles, CA) April 13, 2022 [From The Editor’s Desk]: The day has finally arrived for the start of the new 2022 Dodgers baseball season. Fans can certainly feel all of the excitement in the air and there is a very prominent “Buzz” spreading throughout the City and Dodgers Nation. Without any further waiting, let’s see what the team has in store for all of us during their Season’s Opening Homestand. Here is their very long, but highly informative press announcement that was made to the public today. Remember to keep it handy so you can follow the Big Blue’s first (7) home games of the season. Special Note From The Editor: All graphics in this posting have been provided courtesy of the Los Angeles Dodgers.
DODGERS TO OPEN 60th YEAR AT DODGER STADIUM TOMORROW
Opening Day draws record breaking crowd ahead of seven-game homestand against Cincinnati and Atlanta
LOS ANGELES – The Dodgers will kick off their 2022 home schedule with a star-studded seven-game homestand as they celebrate the 60th anniversary of Dodger Stadium. Los Angeles welcomes the Cincinnati Reds for a four-game series beginning with Opening Day on Thursday, April 14, presented by Bank of America, followed by the 75th anniversary celebration of Jackie Robinson Day on Friday night, followed by a three-game series against the Atlanta Braves.
The Dodgers will welcome back its dedicated fanbase for Opening Day, a 7:10 p.m. matchup against the Cincinnati Reds and just the second night home opener in Dodger Stadium history. The National Anthem will be sung by Grammy-nominated American singer-songwriter Lupita Infante as members from all six military branches will unfurl a large American Flag in center field during the Anthem. Additionally, there will be a flyover from two F-35 planes as the Joint Color Guard Armed Forces will present the nation’s colors. The ceremonial first pitch will be thrown out by decorated Dodgers Hall of Fame broadcaster, Jaime Jarrín, who is celebrating his 64th and final year as the Spanish-language voice of the Dodgers. Players representing each decade of Dodger Stadium’s existence will accompany the 2018 Dodgers’ Ring of Honor inductee, Jarrín, on the mound.
The Los Angeles Dodgers Foundation’s (LADF) Opening Day in-stadium fundraiser, the 50/50 raffle, text to give initiative, and online auction will have its net proceed go towards providing 400 dorm beds for at-risk students attending SEED LA, the first and only public college prep boarding school in South LA. Fans can support the cause by purchasing a 50/50 raffle ticket, texting BEDS to 41623, or by bidding on autographed Dodgers memorabilia and experiences at Dodgers.com/Auctions. Fans can also stop by the LADF Homebase in centerfield to purchase $10 t-shirts and Mystery Bag Baseballs while supplies last.
Auto and Stadium gates open at 4:10 p.m. on Opening Day and the Dodgers encourage fans to arrive early, with the team working out on the field beginning at 4:00 p.m. and pregame ceremonies starting at 6:30 p.m. The free Dodger Stadium Express will start operating at 5:40 p.m. from Union Station. More information on parking and public transportation options to Dodger Stadium can be found online at www.dodgers.com under the Dodger Stadium tab at the top of the page.
Tickets are available for all seven games of the homestand and can be purchased at Dodgers.com/Tickets. Fans are encouraged to arrive early to enjoy a host of activities and pregame ceremonies throughout the homestand. A full list of promotions and a schedule for games for the Opening Week presented by Bank of America is below.
Jackie Robinson Day will follow on Friday, April 15, as Major League Baseball is set to celebrate the life and legacy of Jackie Robinson on the 75th anniversary of his breaking the color barrier. Members of the Robinson family, including Jackie’s wife, Rachel Robinson, and his son, David, are scheduled to be in attendance for the pregame ceremonies as well as the matchup against the Cincinnati Reds at 7:10 p.m., which will air on Apple TV+. All Major League players, managers, coaches, umpires, and on-field personnel will wear Robinson’s iconic 42 during the game and for the first time ever, all MLB uniforms will feature a Dodger Blue No. ‘42’ regardless of their team colors. The first 40,000 ticketed fans in attendance will receive a unique No. 42 Jackie Robinson Brooklyn Dodgers road grey jersey, presented by UCLA Health, adorned with a special 75th anniversary patch. Fans are welcome to stay in their seats after the game, as the season’s first Friday Night Fireworks, presented by UCLA Health, is set to light up the sky.
The Dodgers will wrap up their four-game series against the Reds with a 7:10 p.m. start on Saturday and a 1:10 p.m. start on Sunday. A Maury Wills bobblehead, presented by Bank of America, will be given out to the first 40,000 ticketed fans in attendance on Saturday and the figurine is the first in the Legends of Dodger Baseball bobblehead series. Fans are invited to visit the first Viva Los Dodgers celebration, presented by Budweiser, of the season on Sunday. Held in the Centerfield Plaza, DJ Malski will spin tunes and a Dodger player will make a guest appearance. The Atlanta Braves will then come to town for a three-game set starting on Monday with a Will Smith bobblehead given out ahead of the 7:10 p.m. start. The ever first Taco Tuesday at Dodger Stadium will follow suit on Tuesday night, as the first 40,000 ticketed fans will receive a Dodgers hooded sweatshirt, presented by Bank of America, upon entry and will enjoy music from Mariachi Garibaldi Con Julian Torres throughout the game. The seven-game homestand will conclude with a 12:10 p.m. matinee on Wednesday as 2,000 local students will visit the 76 Gas Station parking lot to enjoy a spread of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) focused activities ahead of the matchup against the Braves.
Tickets are available for all seven games of the homestand and can be purchased at Dodgers.com/Tickets. Fans are encouraged to arrive early to enjoy a host of activities and pregame ceremonies throughout the homestand. A full list of promotions and a schedule for games for the Opening Week presented by Bank of America is below:
Thursday, April 14, 7:10 p.m. vs. Cincinnati
- Fans encouraged to arrive early for pregame ceremonies, which start at 6:30 p.m.
- Anthem: Lupita Infante
- Pregame ceremonies will include:
- Joint Color Guard Armed Forces to present the nation’s colors
- Members of all branches of the military will unfurl a giant American flag in center field during the anthem.
- Flyover from two F-35 planes
- Ceremonial first pitch: Hall of Fame broadcaster Jaime Jarrín
- It’s Time For Dodger Baseball: Jaime Jarrín and former Dodger players
- Los Angeles Dodgers Foundation 50/50 raffle: will benefit SEED LA
- Centerfield Plaza: Julian Torres con Mariachi Los Toros
Friday, April 15, 7:10 p.m. vs. Cincinnati
- Promotion: No. 42 Jackie Robinson Brooklyn Dodgers road jersey, presented by UCLA Health (first 40,000 ticketed fans in attendance while supplies last at guest’s point of entry)
- Anthem: Charles Jones, American blues and soul singer
- Pregame ceremonies will celebrate the life and legacy of Jackie Robinson on the 75th anniversary of his Major League debut and breaking the color barrier:
- Ceremonial First Pitch and It’s Time For Dodger Baseball: members of the Robinson family
- Jackie Robinson Day Ceremony: 42 Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholars and Alumni and 33 students from John Muir High School, Jackie’s alma mater, will take the field to honor Robinson
- Centerfield Plaza: Fans will be transported back in time with retro style music spun by DJ Jedi
- Postgame: the first Friday Night Fireworks of the season presented by UCLA Health
Saturday, April 16, 7:10 p.m. vs. Cincinnati
- Promotion: Maury Wills bobblehead, presented by Bank of America, the first installment of Legends of Dodger Baseball series (first 40,000 ticketed fans in attendance while supplies last at guest’s point of entry)
- Pregame Ceremony: Maury Wills will be inducted into the Legends of Dodger Baseball
- Anthem: Nikki Feroni
- Ceremonial First Pitch: Jasmin Smith, Maury’s great-granddaughter
- It’s Time For Dodger Baseball: Members of the Wills family
- Centerfield Plaza: 60s music played by DJ Antiq
Sunday, April 17, 1:10 p.m. vs. Cincinnati
- Pregame: Viva Los Dodgers, presented by Spectrum and Budweiser, returns to the Centerfield Plaza and music will be provided by DJ Malski and Julian Torres Con Mariachi Cenzontle. A Dodger player will also make a special appearance.
Monday, April 18, 7:10 p.m. vs. Atlanta Braves
- Promotion: Will Smith bobblehead presented by Budweiser (first 40,000 ticketed fans in attendance while supplies last at guest’s point of entry)
- Ceremonial First Pitch: Mark Smith, Will’s father
- It’s Time For Dodger Baseball: Cara Smith, Will’s wife
- Centerfield Plaza: Music provided by DJ Escalade
Tuesday, April 19, 7:10 p.m. vs. Atlanta Braves
- Promotion: Hooded sweatshirt, presented by Bank of America (first 40,000 ticketed fans in attendance while supplies last at guest’s point of entry)
- Theme night: the first Taco Tuesday of the season with music by Mariachi Garibaldi Con Julian Torres
- Centerfield Plaza: Special Taco Tuesday mix provided by DJ RAY
Wednesday, April 20, 12:10 p.m. vs. Atlanta Braves
- Special Event: STEM day will feature a host of activities at the 76 Gas Station in the center field parking lots for 2,000 local students to enjoy.