(East Los Angeles, CA) [From The Editor’s Desk]: As the 2022 regular season comes to a close, the “good times” seem to be just starting up for the Dodgers, our Boys In Blue, beginning Friday night, Sept 30th. The word is now out for a big celebration and Dodger fans from all walks of life are coming out to Dodger Stadium to pay their team a tremendous tribute for setting a new franchise record of (107) wins and still counting at the time of this writing. Waste no more time and go on to read what the Dodgers will be offering as the final six games remaining to be played against the Colorado Rockies are set to start.
DODGERS WELCOME ROCKIES IN REGULAR SEASON FINALE
Club to honor Hall of Fame broadcaster Jaime Jarrín with special pregame ceremony and promotional giveaway on Saturday, October 1
LOS ANGELES – The Los Angeles Dodgers, who have clinched the No. 1 seed for the National League postseason, return to Dodger Stadium following a quick three-game road trip to finish the regular season with a six-game homestand against the Colorado Rockies (Sept. 30 – Oct. 5). Tickets remain available for the homestand at Dodgers.com/tickets and Postseason tickets are also on sale at Dodgers.com/postseason.The final homestand of the regular season kicks off with Healthcare Appreciation Night on Friday. Fans will also take home a one-of-a-kind Elton John bobblehead and enjoy the final Friday Night Fireworks show of the season, presented by California Pizza Kitchen, themed to Elton John music ahead of the artist’s concert series that will take place at Chavez Ravine in November. Fan Appreciation Day, presented by Bank of America, will be held on Sunday and the final Kids Run the Bases, sponsored by Nike, will take place after the game. On Monday, those in attendance will receive a Mookie Betts bobblehead, presented by Spectrum and the following night fans will take home a Justin Turner bobblehead, sponsored by Security Benefit. The sights and sounds of Taco Tuesday, presented by Delta Air Lines, will return for its final installment ahead of the regular season finale on Wednesday at 1:20 p.m.
The Dodgers will honor their longtime broadcaster Jaime Jarrín on Saturday with a special pregame ceremony that will begin promptly at 5:00 p.m. Fans are encouraged to be in their seats early and will also receive a commemorative pin, presented by Budweiser, adorned with “64 Años de ”to celebrate the legacy and dedication of the Spanish voice of the Dodgers. The Hall of Fame broadcaster has called three perfect games, 22 no-hitters, and 30 All-Star games throughout his esteemed career. He was awarded the Vin Scully Lifetime Achievement Award in 2019 by the Southern California Sports Broadcasters’ Association and has served as a constant in the Dodgers organization since 1959.
The Dodgers will continue to celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month presented by UCLA Health on Saturday with La Gran Fiesta, presented by Coca-Cola, Budweiser, and Spectrum. La Gran Fiesta is the culmination of the organization’s Viva Los Dodgers festivals and will feature live music, giveaways, interactive games, and appearances and autographs by Dodger alumni and current players Julio Urías, Hanser Alberto, Trea Turner, Joey Gallo, Jaime Jarrín, Steve Yeager, Manny Mota, and Ken Landreaux. There will also be a photo opportunity with the World Series trophy. The family-friendly event will start at 3:10 p.m. and will take place at the historic 76® Station in the Lot 6 parking lot prior to the 6:10 p.m. matchup against the Rockies.
The Los Angeles Dodgers Foundation (LADF) and 76® are teaming up to fuel access to science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) education for 5,000 youth in Los Angeles. As part of the collaboration, 76® created a pin featuring the iconic Smilin’ Jack with proceeds benefiting LADF and will donate $35,000 to kick-start the campaign. The first 500 fans to donate $76 or more will receive the limited-edition Smilin’ Jack pin and a Dodgers 76® co-branded corduroy hat, while supplies last. LADF and 76® are asking Dodger fans to support this initiative by texting FUEL to 41623 to access the promotion online. Fans at Dodger Stadium can also visit the LADF Homebase in Centerfield Plaza to receive access to 100 limited edition pin sets containing six historical Dodger pins with a donation of $76 or more, while supplies last.
A schedule and full list of promotions is available below.
Friday, September 30, 7:10 p.m. vs. Colorado Rockies
- Special Ticket Pack: Healthcare Appreciation Night shirt
- Promotion: Elton John Bobblehead Night
- Anthem: JADA
- Centerfield Plaza will host Nurse Alice meet and greet and DJ Hects.
- Postgame: Friday Night Fireworks presented by California Pizza Kitchen
Saturday, October 1, 6:10 p.m. vs. Colorado Rockies
- Promotion: Jaime Jarrín pin presented by Budweiser
- Anthem: Jaime Camil
- Ceremonial First Pitch: Stefan Jarrín, Jaime’s grandson
- La Gran Fiesta, presented by Coca-Cola, Budweiser, and Spectrum, will start at 3:10 p.m. at the historic 76 ® Station in Lot 6 Parking Lot and include family-friendly activations such as live music, player appearances, and giveaways.
- Pregame Ceremonies will honor the legacy and work of longtime Dodger Hall of Fame broadcaster, Jaime Jarrín and start promptly at 5:00 p.m. Senator Alex Padilla, Mayor Eric Garcetti, Spanish broadcaster Pepe Yñiguez, Spanish broadcaster and Dodger great Fernando Valenzuela, and esteemed actor Edward James Olmos will be in attendance.
- Centerfield Plaza will host DJ Hects and Antiq.
Sunday, October 2, 1:10 p.m. vs. Colorado Rockies
- Promotion: Fan Appreciation Day presented by Bank of America
- Anthem: Malynda Hale
- Ceremonial First Pitch: Bank of America
- Centerfield Plaza will host DJ Jamie Alexandria.
- Postgame will consist of Kids Runs the Bases, presented by Nike, for kids 5-14.
Monday, October 3, 7:10 p.m. vs. Colorado Rockies
- Promotion: Mookie Betts Bobblehead presented by Spectrum
- Anthem: Zealyn
- Ceremonial First Pitch: Kynlee Betts, Mookie’s daughter
- Centerfield Plaza will host DJ Kara.
Tuesday, October 4, 7:10 p.m. vs. Colorado Rockies
- Promotion: Justin Turner Bobblehead sponsored by Security Benefit
- Anthem and Ceremonial First Pitch: Kourtney Turner
- Pregame Ceremonies will include a cheer performance by local cheer teams. Mariachi Garabaldi will play before and during the game.
- Centerfield Plaza will host the last regular season Taco Tuesday night of the year, featuring specialty food and drinks, presented by Delta Air Lines, and DJ Ray will spin tunes.
Wednesday, October 5, 1:20 p.m. vs. Colorado Rockies
- Anthem: Jen Hirsh
- Ceremonial First Pitch: Gabriel Iglesias