(East Los Angeles, CA) [From The Editor’s Desk]: For those of our viewers who have been accustomed to reading about what each Dodger home game (day and/or night) promotion will entail, plus learning about all of the people required to make it all happen for the enjoyment of the fans, we make that available to you, in the form of the detailed press announcement that they have issued to all media outlets who cover the team.
We encourage you to read what will be happening before, during, and after the games for your viewing excitement as well as your game day experience. Be sure to make your ticket purchasing as easy as possible by clicking on the red “link” below in the write-up.
DODGERS KICK OFF HOMESTAND TODAY AGAINST THE WHITE SOX AND GIANTS
Second Drone show of the season set for Friday, June 16
LOS ANGELES – The Dodgers will face off with the Chicago White Sox (June 13 – 15) and the San Francisco Giants (June 16 – 18) starting tomorrow during the sixth homestand of the season, featuring three promotions and two themed nights. Tickets remain available for all six games of the homestand and can be purchased at Dodgers.com/Tickets.
The Chicago White Sox will visit Chavez Ravine for the first time since 2017 for a three-game set beginning tomorrow. Fans will take home a Will Smith bobblehead, presented by Security Benefit, as the homestand begins at 7:10 p.m. and will add another bobblehead to the collection two days later on Thursday as fans will receive a Clayton Kershaw bobblehead, sponsored by Spectrum. On Wednesday, the Dodgers will celebrate Black Heritage Night with special pre-game recognitions and performances. Those who purchased a special ticket pack will take home a unique jersey.
The Dodgers will welcome its National League rivals, the San Francisco Giants, at Dodger Stadium for the first of two bouts this season. The second drone show of the year is set to light up the sky on Friday, June 16 as the organization recognizes Pride Night, presented by Blue Shield of California, with a 7:10 p.m. start. Fans who bought a special ticket pack will take home a Pride Night jersey. On Saturday, the two teams will face off at 6:10 p.m. before a Sunday matinee at 1:10 p.m. as the team celebrates Father’s Day. The first 40,000 fans will take home a reversible bucket hat, sponsored by Security Benefit.
On Black Heritage Night, as part of LADF’s “In This Together” initiative, the 50/50 raffle is dedicated to the Liberty Hill Foundation to support the California Funders for Boys and Men of Color, with a goal to remove systemic barriers and create pathways that enable boys and men of color to achieve their greatest hopes and dreams. Since 2020, over $500,000 has been raised to support this effort. Tonight, the Ellen & Clayton Kershaw Foundation is generously matching up to $50,000.
On Pride Night, LADF will once again donate 50% of the proceeds of the 50/50 raffle to The Los Angeles LGBT Center, the world’s largest provider of programs and services for LGBT individuals. The Center’s nearly 800 employees, along with thousands of volunteers and supporters, are an unstoppable force in the fight against bigotry and the struggle to build a better world; a world in which LGBT people thrive as healthy, equal, and complete members of society. In 2022, LADF’s raffle raised over $66,000 on Pride Night. LADF runs and funds proven programs through a social justice lens. For over 10 years, they have been providing vital support and resources for various groups and marginalized Angelenos.
Fans are encouraged to arrive early to enjoy a host of activities and pregame ceremonies throughout the homestand. A schedule and full list of promotions can be found below:
[Tuesday, June 13, 7:10 p.m. vs. Chicago White Sox]
- Promotion: Will Smith bobblehead presented by Security Benefit
- Anthem: Leroy Sanchez
- Ceremonial First Pitch: Cara Smith, Will’s wife
- It’s Time For Dodger Baseball: Vin Scully tribute video
- Centerfield Plaza will host DJ Vick One. Mariachi las Catrinas will also perform in the left field pavilion during the game for Taco Tuesday, presented by Delta Air Lines.
- Military Hero of the Game, presented by IBEW & Pipe Trades: Army Sergeant First Class Jesus Garcia
[Wednesday, June 14, 7:10 p.m. vs. Chicago White Sox
- Special Ticket Pack: Black Heritage Night jersey
- Ceremonial First Pitch: Chris Tucker
- It’s Time For Dodger Baseball: Chris Tucker and the Dodgers’ Black Action Network
- Pregame ceremonies will include a performance by Compton Kidz Club.
- Centerfield Plaza will host DJ Mal Ski. Dodger alumni Dennis Powell will be signing autographs near the Airstream store.
- Military Hero of the Game, presented by IBEW & Pipe Trades: Army Staff Sergeant Bynum
[Thursday, June 15, 7:10 p.m. vs. Chicago White Sox]
- Promotion: Clayton Kershaw bobblehead presented by Spectrum
- Anthem: Megan Tibbits
- Ceremonial First Pitch: Kershaw family
- It’s Time For Dodger Baseball: Kershaw family
- Centerfield Plaza will host DJ Nico Blitz.
- Military Hero of the Game, presented by IBEW & Pipe Trades: Air Force Master Sergeant Domenic Machi
[Friday, June 16, 7:10 p.m. vs. San Francisco Giants]
- Special Ticket Pack: Pride Night jersey sponsored by Blue Shield of California
- Anthem: Mikalah Grodon
- Ceremonial First Pitch: Tom Daley, Dustin Lance Black
- Centerfield Plaza will host DJ Bowie Jane.
- Military Hero of the Game, presented by IBEW & Pipe Trades: Marine Corp Sergeant Rechelle Hoppers
- Postgame: Drone Show presented by California Pizza Kitchen
[Saturday, June 17, 6:10 p.m. vs. San Francisco Giants]
- Anthem: Zealyn
- Ceremonial First Pitch: UCLA Health
- It’s Time For Dodger Baseball: UCLA Health
- Centerfield Plaza will host Lina Neblina for a pre-game and post-game set.
- Military Hero of the Game, presented by IBEW & Pipe Trades: Army Air Corp Technical Sergeant Leonard Quezada
[Sunday, June 18, 1:10 p.m. vs. San Francisco Giants]
- Promotion: Father’s Day Bucket Hat presented by Security Benefit
- Anthem: Adam Jackson
- Ceremonial First Pitch: Dodger players and their fathers and children
- It’s Time For Dodger Baseball: Dodger players and their fathers and children
- Pregame ceremonies will include a recognition for The Prostate Cancer Foundation.
- Centerfield Plaza will have a card making station.
- Military Hero of the Game, presented by IBEW & Pipe Trades: Army Command Sergeant Major Gary Littrell
- Postgame: Kids Run the Bases